These chocolate cupcakes with Nutella ting are soo yummy – both the recipe for frosting and cupcakes are my new rites! Thanks Jennifer Silva for the est :D Enjoy, and make sure to share ures of your treats on Facebook and agram with the hashtag #kawaiisweetworld! Faceb... More
These chocolate cupcakes with Nutella frosting are soo yummy – both the recipe for the frosting and cupcakes are my new favorites! Thanks Jennifer Silva for the request :D Enjoy, and make sure to share pictures of your treats on Facebook and Instagram with the hashtag #kawaiisweetworld!
♥ Facebook: http://on.fb.me/14LNQ1d
♥ Instagram: http://instagram.com/kawaiisweeteats/
♥ Channel: http://bit.ly/18keK04
Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
Makes about 16 cupcakes
¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup regular milk + 1 T white vinegar)
½ cup sour cream, room temperature
2 T coffee (can also substitute 2 T hot water)
1 ¾ cup flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
Chocolate candy melts for ears (optional)
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then mix in vanilla extract. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together buttermilk, sour cream, and coffee/water. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Alternatively add dry and wet ingredients to creamed butter and sugar mixture, beginning with ½ of the dry, then all of the wet, and finally the rest of the dry. Do not overmix.
5. Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way full. Bake at 350F for 20-25 min, then let cool completely before frosting
Nutella Frosting Ingredients
¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled slightly (can also substitute for dark or milk chocolate if desired)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup Nutella
2 T milk
Cream butter until smooth, then mix in powdered sugar. Mix in vanilla extract, then add melted and cooled chocolate and combine. Beat in Nutella, and mix in milk. Load into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip if desired.
Music courtesy of Audio Network “Clap Happy”, “Whale of a Time”, and “Best Foot Forward”Less